Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Awareness Overload

Autism awareness month is over.  I'm kind of relieved, to be honest.  Now we go into Lupus Awareness month.  Okay...next!  I don't really care about my lupus which is probably going to bite me in the butt later but I'm sorry, I don't have time.  We also have children's mental health awareness day on May 9.  You still following me?  I have a proposal.  Let's all be more aware of everyone around us and be less judgmental, more helpful, understanding, and compassionate 365 days out of the year.  Do we really need days to be reminded to be better people towards those with serious life issues and hurdles?  With 6 people in my family, we hit a lot of the awareness days and months for different things.  Being "aware" is no longer the issue.  Being proactive in finding help, cures, and assistance for things is the problem.  I think awareness is great but thus far, raising it(awareness) hasn't really helped a whole lot of people.  Or maybe it has.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm just burned out on standing on the soapbox to get someone to hear me.  Maybe I want action instead of words and sympathy.  Or maybe I just need to use the awareness days as a reminder to teach my family, especially my kids, that they need to be more compassionate and understanding and all of that jazz.  Yeah, let's go with that.

Be aware!!!!

Months-January

February


March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Weeks-

 

Days- January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

No comments:

Post a Comment