Saturday, May 12, 2012

Just DANCE!!!


Kaylee and I
Today was Kaylee's recital.  Seeing her on stage with that huge smile on her face was worth the extreme amount of money, stress, arguments, and finagling of schedules to make dance class every week except one this past year.  This was her first year and we couldn't have asked for a better experience.  She needs something just for her.  It's sometimes, well, who am I kidding...It's ALL THE TIME hard on my other three kiddos to be a sibling to an Autistic child.  They need their 
outlets, their quiet time, their one on one with mom and dad.  They need a break too.  So today we celebrated Kaylee in all of her dancing glory.  She had her best friend in her class this year too.  How lucky she is!  They did such a wonderful job and I'm extremely proud of her and Hailey aka the Ayley's.
                                                  

Hailey H (her bestie), Hailey C, and Kaylee
I'm also proud of Brenna who sat through half of the recital.  She made a lot of noise and was pretty disruptive BUT she didn't have a meltdown.  It was the first time we publicly subjected her to a confined indoor area with a bunch of people in a dark setting.  Maybe next year she can sit through the whole thing!

Kaylee Danielle, I love you and I am proud of you.  I cannot wait until next year to see you evolve more as a dancer.  




No comments:

Post a Comment