Thursday, May 31, 2012

End of a Chapter

I haven't posted in a little while, we've been so busy with end of school year activities.  It's been a whirlwind.  Today was the last day for Brenna at her school.  Next year she will be attending a new school in a completely different district.  I've dealt with district changes and teacher changes and school changes but this time it's a little harder.  Who am I kidding, it's a lot harder.  She has had her teachers for two years in a row in her PPCD class.  Next year she will be going into Life Skills.  It's a whole different ballgame.  I've teared up all week but today I couldn't see to drive home.  I cried on the way there, in the classroom, out in the hallway, in the parking lot, on the way home, in my mother in law's office, back to the house.  I have removed my contacts and put my eye glasses on.  So, now that we have established that I'm a big blubbering baby I'll move on to why.  These teachers, are nothing short of amazing.  I've dealt with many teachers in my life with my other three so I have many to compare them to.  The connection she has, the connection I have, the love and the compassion they have are insurmountable.  I owe them all of my gratitude.  I hope they know how much I appreciate them.  

Now, I am scared.  I'm scared of the new school and Brenna's future.  I'm scared of new people who have no clue as to how she "operates".  The new school has ginormous shoes to fill and you can bet I'm going to be my daughter's champion and hero to make sure it happens.  I have two months to prepare for this and to prepare for MY new chapter.  A mother of four kids in school full time.

I foresee a higher occurrence of blog posts come end of August.

Janie, Val, Kristi, and Pennie.  Thank you for treating my daughter with respect, love, compassion, and like she was your own.  In her eyes, even though she can't verbalize it, you are her heroes.



No comments:

Post a Comment